Friday, July 31, 2009

Sorry..I can't be perfect




Perfectionism
Perfectionism, in psychology, is a belief that perfection can and should be attained. In its pathological form, perfectionism is a belief that work or output that is anything less than perfect is unacceptable. At such levels, this is considered an unhealthy belief.

Positive aspect
Perfectionism can drive people to accomplishments and provide the motivation to persevere in the face of discouragement and obstacles. Roedell (1984) argues that "in a positive form, perfectionism can provide the driving energy which leads to great achievement.


Negative aspect
In its pathological form, perfectionism can be very damaging. It can take the form of procrastination when it is used to postpone tasks ("I can't start my project until I know the 'right' way to do it."), and self-depreciation when it is used to excuse poor performance or to seek sympathy and affirmation from other people ("I can't believe I don't know how to reach my own goals. I must be stupid; how else could I not be able to do this?").
[sourced from wikipedia]

Suprising me, I found the reasons for the slogan of my horoscope!
Next step, should be try to figure out on the ways to be
-ve => +ve
P/S: I am not perfect but I may be perfect for you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment