Monday, November 23, 2009

edu?

After reading the articles and watching a video which mainly discuss on the education model reminds me on so many arguements and ideas. Don't you think the education in our country or even overseas might facing the same problems? The education in the school or institution doesn't help to develop the potential or required skills of the students when they step out to the society later?At least for our formal education rules in our country, it really makes sense.

Now, try to imagine that all you have learned in the past few years, maybe few ten years, how they really giving you a helping hand when you are stuck in the problems today? From kindergarden, we are trained to be obey, to follow the rules that whatever teachers teach or parents tell is right! When teacher said one plus one equals to two, it does really mean two! How come? No other reason except for just because that the teacher is always right! When parent said cannot as it is wrong, we cannot do it like that and it really means that no parents is wrong!

Coming up to the 6 years primary education, all do for it only to persue how many As you have in the UPSR or which secondary you are able to enter in or how many trophy that you can win in the competition. After that, it seems to be a must that studying for another 5 or 6 years in order to get a SPM certificate. Well said, if you are able to persue it, you are able to gain a chance to enter into an university or a college, manage or easy to find a job in the future but if you fail to do so, you might to be catagorized to be a stupid, useless, or you are deserved to do the hard works in the coming days in your life.

How fair in this world? To identify personality of an individual by education level achieved or a certificate? If a person doesn't hold a degree, means that he or she wouldn't having a brighten future in their lifes? Between, long time ago, when you can't find a suitable job just because without holding a degree in hand but nowadays you can't find a suitable job for yourself is due to the reason that you are holding a degree. Time is changed. Certificate symbolize your position, your power even your capabilities.

However, for those doesn't have the so called passport on their way, means to be they don't have the brilliant? I don't think so. In the education system, it doesn't measure the creativeness or potential of a student. So, it can't conclude that they are useless or boneless, just there always have the other ways for them to shine.

Flashed back what we had learned in my past 13 years education before college level, what do help me on my way now? For sure, I started to learn ABC or 123 since 3 years old when I am at home, my mother was too desparete to nurse me to be a genius or at least a clever and brilliant girl or better more outstanding than whose daughter, who knows?

But I am grateful to them, my parents keep teaching me to write words, pronouns or calculate since I was young; my kindergarden tutor, be good at teaching me in the most basic way; my primary teacher, encouraged me for higher studies; my secondary teacher, doesn't seem like giving me any technics other than study all on my own.

Everytime, I am thinking on how great if we can choose to study that what we are interested in or explore what we are excited on but the reality wakes me up as I am growing up. We couldn't find a preferable way unless you are proved to be "intelligent".
Self-educated is the most crucial issue which I am thinking that I should work hard for it now.

Whatever I think it will be color my life, I should look out for it, never hestitate!
Never too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment